Dear Blog,
What song would you say defines your current era in life at this moment?
The song that I've been currently listening to non-stop has been from Sienna Spiro called "Pure". Her entire album has me in a chokehold, the way she builds up each emotions in every song is INSANE. But this one in particular has made me feel a certain emotion that I can't seem to shake off. Now i've listened to my fair share of songs that have made me feel strong emotions before, but this one has taken the cake for sure! (inserting lyrics example that has me hooked)
[Refrain]
And I don't know what this all means
What this all means? It don't feel like me
And you won't give me the deal
I wish I was real, I wish I was
[Chorus]
I think about it all the time
What I've been doing with my life
'Cause when it calls me back again
I hope it meant something
I hope it meant something
The moment I heard that chorus I was left speechless, and started tearing up right away. The parts that struck me the most were: "I think about it all the time What I've been doing with my life" and "What this all means? It don't feel like me". Lately I've been going through the motions, and been thinking a lot about my path in life. Ever since i've graduated high school in 2020 part of me feels like i've been in the same emotional, and physical loop. Though I can be blind to my own accomplishments and the way i've changed since then, I still have this constant voice in my head telling me that I haven't been doing enough.
I am a dreamer and as a dreamer sometimes we end up getting stuck in dreamland and decide to put reality far away from our review mirror. And I think because i've allowed myself to be in my dreamland for so long, I haven't given myself the chance to truly put into action those dreams/goals i've had built for myself since I was a teenager. Part of me believes that I won't become the person that I dream about everyday due to the constant doubts and fear I have built around it from traumas. The 'What If's' haunt me constantly and I eventually end up letting the cons on my list in my head beat me. And thats when the part of 'What I've been doing with my life' comes to play, I wonder so much what have I done since 2020, and who i've become. Have I become someone kinder, someone who still cares about the things she loves, someone who takes risk and doesn't think about the consequences, or someone who takes life by the throat and lets it know that it's going to live and not be in survival mode anymore! I like to think that I have, I hope that I have...
Sienna Spiro really struck a cord in me, her song has undone me in ways that make me question everything around me. She is a rising star and a breath of fresh air in music right now. That's not even accounting for all the female artist that are breaking the charts as I am writing this (lol).
Let me know what song describes your current era down below. Happy Sunday diva's, I hope that this week is a magical one, and that you all be safe!
And I don't know what this all means
What this all means? It don't feel like me
And you won't give me the deal
I wish I was real, I wish I was
[Chorus]
I think about it all the time
What I've been doing with my life
'Cause when it calls me back again
I hope it meant something
I hope it meant something

No comments:
Post a Comment