Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Dear Blog, 

This month the book club that I am in is reading this book called "Our Perfect Storm" By Carley Fortune. Before I continue my ted talk, the book club that I am in is called "Hot and Well-Read" created by Victoria Villaroel on the app called Fable. Just incase you guys would like to join us and read along with us too! 

Now let's get back to my ted talk!
The two main characters named Frankie and George are long time best friends. They come together for a week in Tofino after Frankie fiancé left her the day of the wedding with a note saying "I love you, but I can't marry you". Frankie and George's friendship in the beginning of the book seem to be a bit estranged and in a semi rough patch. George uses this opportunity to create a plan in helping his best friend get over her heartbreak, and also fix their friendship before it's too late. They both decide to go on what would've been her honeymoon trip on one last adventure together before having to go their separate ways and back to their regular life's. 

 As I am reading the book, I am suddenly hit with this kind of nostalgia that i've experienced quite before. And that is the longing of being intimate with someone your fond with, without ever having to take off your clothes. As humans I feel like we have lost the art of truly being intimate with someone with out it ever reaching the physical state. Now I know sex is something that we all crave as humans beings especially to take the edge off or to connect with someone we "love" or to connect in general. But when was the last time you ever truly connected with someone without it resulting in sex? 
And that is something I yearn for everyday, to connect with someone on a deeper level where our end result is not sex. To sit in comfortable silence, to hold hands while walking, to read each other favorite book to each other, to share wired headphones and play a song we both love, slow dance in the kitchen, tell silly stories about our childhood, and what made us become the person we are today. 

     

I only had this kind of encounter two times in my life with two people who I don't talk to anymore. Yet as I am writing this I can still remember the way I felt in those moments just like it was yesterday. 

Intimacy is a lost art that I hope we can bring back with each other, whether that be platonic or romantic. I truly do hope that and can't wait to experience it again with someone I love or meet along the way... I hope you guys enjoyed this small ted talk and I hope you guys get to experience the same thing because gosh is it a magical feeling.
                                                                
                                                                       Xoxo, Sam💋
                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment